Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Getting Through the day part 2

The roof is leaking... MY roof, in the sunroom, and have we had a lot of rain! I cleaned for the holidays, got food and put things away. Work was slow so we were asked to use our vacation time and clear out, some of us. I was all for it since there's always stuff to do around here.
I watch the news on TV at night and I know my life is great.
What is enlightenment? How do people find it? Is it the ultimate state of peace, selflessness, faith, or all those things, or something else? As a kid we went to church every Sunday and I took it to heart. When things were bad I BEGGED God to answer, to show Himself. He didn't... until one day... it wasn't that He showed Himself as much as I suddenly like a crack of lightening felt His presence and now I often barter with Him, or think I do, about my going down the wrong path. I have a lot of anger that I wish I didn't, a lot of insecurity and neither are positive or healthy or accomplish a damn thing. I'm working on a painting. I think it's cool. It means something to me, the theme is what we see when we see ourselves, when we're exposed, since noone see's our fears and failures like we do. I'll post it when I'm done.
People are funny. We play stupid games. I heard gossip today about a member of my own family. I had no idea about it. It's really noone's business, not even mine, lol, yet the whole county and then some knows. God, if only good news traveled so fast!!

No comments: