Sunday, December 14, 2008

The ArT



A few more paintings sold. It's so slow, lol, but my usual karma... I have nothing to complain about though. All this time that I've been dreaming I should have been buckling down and focusing on making it all happen. I waited way too long to get myself into gear. It was always wait wait wait...


The one great thing about painting is it's everything I've got... it can be funny, sad, colorful... but it's all mine. And when it leaves my hands for someone elses I feel great.



Work (the 9 to 5) has 2 rewards- a steady paycheck, lie that it is, and the satisfaction of knowing that every day a positive change is facilitated for at least one person that takes the initiative to call. I love being the one they call. Hell, I guess any dimwit will do though. Maybe we'll farm out mental health assistance to India.



The steady paycheck got eaten up this month by fuel oil and Christmas shopping. It's pretty scary. People are hanging on to their homes by a thread and I never though my day would come. So, I'm going to keep plugging away. A recent painting sold fast!
I wonder why.

No comments: