Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Up and Down

The art sold okay considering that I took it off ebay and only had one store selling it- 10 paintings in the 2008 4th quarter. I was happy honestly. It reminds me that I CAN do it and that I need to try harder. The store is closing, which means reassessing what's important and marketing strategy.
I was framing some Gazbo Dean paintings and wondering where is he??? I am so happy with all of the work I managed to hoard, lol, yet he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. Danny Doughty seems to be doing well, although my love for his work of 8 or 9 years ago stands a LOT stronger than it does for the current paintings. His color and style just filled my heart with happiness.
Artist or not, we all have to ride this economic death wave so maybe it would be a good time just to paint for the love of it and forget the money part.

No comments: